This recipe will change your life.. it’s hands down the easiest risotto you will ever make.. why? Because canned artichokes are easy to get your hands on (easier than fresh small artichokes) and they need zero preparation. Another cheat is your risotto choice, if you can find Carnaroli risotto use that, this is generally what chefs use, it’ll give you the creamiest risotto and it’s the most forgiving type of risotto rice. Generally you’ll find Arborio in most shops in the UK, this is fine but you have to be careful not to overcook it.
This recipe serves 2 people.
- 1 small onion
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 600ml of vegetable stock
- 200g Carnaroli risotto rice
- about 1 small glass of white wine
- 1 can of artichokes- half chopped into slices, half cut into large halves
- 30g of butter
- olive oil
- parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese equivalent
- Make up your stock according to the instructions
- In a large pan, soften the the onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes on a low heat
- Add the risotto rice, and turn up the heat. Notice the rice will become translucent
- Add the wine, and allow to cook into the rice
- Add a ladle of your stock to the pan of rice and stir, season the mixture with salt.
- Add the artichoke halves to your mixture and stir in
- Keep adding ladles of stock and string the rice slowly until all the stock is in the rice. (~10 minutes) Make sure each ladle of stock is absorbed by the rice before you add the next one.
- Add the chopped artichokes to the mixture, and stir through with the butter and finely grated parmesan
- Drizzle with olive oil, a balsamic glaze.. even add a basil leaf or two.. and you’re done!