So confession time, sometimes I just have a big bowl of wontons with a sweet chilli dipping sauce for dinner. Why? Because I’m an adult and I can do what I want! I apologise to anybody this recipe offends, it is entirely made up and probably a gross bastardisation of traditional wontons, but they really are delicious!
PREHEAT OVEN 160°
- Thai/ Chinese wonton/ spring roll pastry (available from most Asian shops and completely freezer friendly)
- A handful ushrooms
- 2x large Carrots
- 2 x Spring onions
- Fresh ginger
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Throw the carrots and mushrooms into a food processor and blitz
- Heat a glug of sesame oil in a large wok
- Chop up the spring onions, garlic and ginger add to the pan, allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots, along with a a splash of soy, sweet chilli and the hoisin… stir fry for a few minutes. Then set aside
- Cut the pastry into squares, place a heaped teaspoon of the stir fried mix into the centre of the pastry square. Wet the corners of the square with a little water, twizzle the ends and press together
- Bake in an oven for around 10 or until golden brown