Remember in my hummus recipe when I mentioned that I had so much tahini and no idea what to do with it? Well its still sitting in my fridge waiting to be used up so I figured I try something new with it. This is a recipe for Greek yogurt, lemon and tahini dressing/sauce that’s very VERY made up, but works oh so well. It’s like a healthy, Mediterranean version of Ranch, that you can use of as a salad dressing or as a dip for pitta or carrot sticks (you get the picture). It’s super simple and quick to make, and you only need five of six ingredients and it’s so easy to scale up if you need a big batch for a party! (One of which is of course tahini, so if you’re having a nightmare trying to use the rest of a jar up this recipe is for you!)
If you’re not into that slightly moroccan sweet and sour thing that I always seem to be banging on about on here (see my vegan tagine recipe) you can ditch the honey and just stick to the fresh tangy flavour of the the tahini, lemon and the yogurt. Note: like hummus, this is one of those recipes that you really need to taste and tweak as you go along.
- 6 tablespoons of Greek yogurt (whether you go low fat or full fat is up to you)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- A little cumin or sweet paprika or chopped coriander
- Drizzle of honey
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the tahini, lemon juice and Greek yogurt in a small mixing bowl
- Crush the garlic and add to the mixture
- Stir thoroughly, and add salt to taste
- Transfer to a small serving dish
- Top with a little honey, cumin, paprika or whatever you fancy.
- Serve with slices of hot pitta or drizzle on a salad